Thursday, February 25, 2010

Old Poster Maze

This is something I drew around the age of 12-13 (I can't be sure exactly). Back then I was pretty into mazes, and this was a huge undertaking. But looking back, even though it takes up 4 times the space of a lot of mazes I draw now, it's really not as intricate. I think I solved it once after I finished it and was surprised how easy it was. I'm not saying it's a walk in the park but compared to some of the stuff I draw now it's not all that tough. Click here for the big version.

Looking at it has sparked my interest in large mazes, though. I was talking to my sister and she was encouraging me to try devoting more time to this. Like, get a poster and do it as intricately as the ones I do now, but in pen and on a giant poster, and then sell it. Sounds interesting, and I'm thinking of trying it. I don't think anyone would try solving a maze like that but I think at that point it's just something pretty to look at. I dunno.

In other news, a maze I've been working on for the last few months is almost complete, it should be up tomorrow or the day after.

No comments:

Post a Comment